Senior Linux Engineer
Senior Linux Engineer (£50,000 - £55,000) Newcastle
We’re partnered with a technology business based in Newcastle who are activity growing their Group IT function with a Senior Linux Engineer. The Senior Linux Engineer will be responsible for management and configuration across their enterprise Linux environment (Redhat and CentOS 6&7 and Oracle Enterprise Linux 6&7). You will be acting as the subject matter expert for the Linux platform and will advise the technology leaders on requirements, design principals and processes and procedures.
As the Linux SME you will be working in a team with specialist knowledge of VMware, Storage, Windows and Deployment solutions.
Responsibilities for the Senior Linux Engineer:
- Act as a subject matter expert for their Linux platform and critical business applications
- Undertake design and engineering of infrastructure and applications
- 3rd Line escalated BAU support for their physical and virtual environment – 50 servers in total
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers
- Create and maintain documentation for solutions and services
- Expert knowledge of Linux systems (systems applications, servers, storage and data backups)
- Expert working knowledge in Oracle Enterprise Linux, Redhat & CentOS Linux
- Strong scripting ability (Python & Bash)
- Familiar with Virtual infrastructure (Oracle VM for 86)
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining Linux services (Postfix, syslog and CUPS)
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP)
If you have the above technical experience and want to pay a critical role in managing the Linux platforms this could be a great step for you.
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Danielle Keegan, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology and recruitment news, please also follow us at ‘VIQU IT Recruitment’ on LinkedIn, and Twitter: @VIQU_UK
Take a look!
Senior Network Engineer
£50k - 55k per year + on-call
Senior Network Engineer – Milton Keynes £50,000 – £55,000 + on-callWe’re excited to be partnering with a well-known UK Defence company who is looking to hire a Senior...
Senior Test Engineer
£45k - 50k per year
Senior Test Engineer Milton Keynes £45,000 - £50,000 We are hiring for a Senior Test Engineer to join a leading UK Defence business – this can be based...
£130 - 180 per day + Part time
Infrastructure Engineer (Part-Time)My client requires an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join an existing team on a part-time basis.They are looking for the Infrastructure Engineer to work for them...
Windows 10 Deployment Engineer
£180 - 200 per day
Windows 10 Rollout Engineer – 1 week contract A Services company required 6-7 Windows 10 Engineers perform a Windows 10 Deployment across various sites in Northampton/ Stratford...
£150 - 175 per day
Deployment Engineers – Peterbrough – £150 - £175p/dURGENT - Monday 10th May Start I am urgently looking to speak to any experienced Windows Deployment Engineers that are available and...