Senior Security Engineer (Sentinel, Defender & Azure Cloud) – 6 Month initial – Hybrid (Manchester)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Security Engineer with a focus towards to Microsoft Security Suite, to work for one of the UK’s leading technology partners, a powerhouse shaping the cybersecurity landscape. Specialising in cutting-edge solutions, with a focus towards driving innovation in the Cloud & digital security space.
As a Senior Security Engineer, your mission is clear: resolve and mitigate the impact of security incidents, restoring normalcy, and fortifying against future threats. Dive into a role where your expertise will redefine security practices for an industry leader.
Role Responsibilities - Shaping Security Resilience:
- As the Senior Security Engineer you will lead the development of strategic remediation plans to minimize the impact of security incidents.
- Create and optimize Sentinel workbooks and Logic Apps for efficient incident response.
- Drive upgrades to the technology stack, ensuring cutting-edge security infrastructure.
- Innovate solutions to enhance detection capabilities using advanced Kusto Query Language (KQL).
- Lead integrations between Sentinel and other security technologies for a cohesive defense.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of cyber threats, crafting custom queries for proactive monitoring.
- Apply hands-on experience in implementing security audit findings.
- Hands-on experience with remediating vulnerabilities through configuration changes on Servers, endpoints, networking equipment, and applications.
- Hands-on experience with remediating vulnerabilities through patching and upgrading software.
Required Knowledge and Experience - Your skills will set you apart:
- Proven experience as a Senior Security Engineer, specializing in Microsoft Security Suite.
- Expertise in crafting strategic remediation plans for effective incident response.
- Proficiency in creating and optimising Sentinel workbooks and Logic Apps.
- Leadership in implementing technology stack upgrades for enhanced security infrastructure.
- Profound knowledge of KQL for developing advanced detection solutions.
- Experience in integrating Sentinel with diverse security technologies.
- Continuous awareness of Defensive Monitoring technologies and evolving cyber threats.
- Collaborative approach in assisting Infrastructure Support and Network Operations with security insights.
- Relevant security certifications would be desirable: (CSA, CompTIA Security+, CISSP, CISM)
- Role: Senior Security Engineer (Sentinel, Azure)
- Duration: 6-month contract with view of extension
- Location: Hybrid (Manchester office up to 2 days per week)
- Inside IR35
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Nicholas Hopkins, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, alongside technology and recruitment news, please also follow us at ‘VIQU IT Recruitment’ on LinkedIn, viqu_uk on Instagram, VIQU on Facebook,and Twitter: @VIQU_UK
Take a look!
Cyber Security Engineer - Operational Technology
£60k - 70k per year + Excellent benefits
Cyber Security Engineer - Operational Technology – Remote - £60,000 - £70,000 + great benefits. VIQU have partnered with a with one of the UK’s largest Utility companies making...