Infrastructure Support Engineer
Infrastructure Support Engineer, Chester - £37,500 (£4,000 On call)
We are working with one of the UKs leading distributors to grow their technical division with an additional Infrastructure Engineer. The successful Infrastructure Engineer will be joining a team that is responsible for implementation of new software & services, business intelligence and data integration.
As the Infrastructure Engineer you will support IT across all aspects of the business, will oversee and take the lead on a wide range of IT projects and implementing new technology as well as mentoring and acting as an escalation point for more junior members of the team.
Key Responsibilities for the Infrastructure Engineer:
- Provide 3rd line IT support to colleagues across the business
- Take ownership and manage support tickets and resolve technical issues using a mixture of desk side visits and remote access tools, utilizing a range of skills gained via at least 3-5 years of providing Infrastructure support in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive maintenance of IT systems using information gathered from daily checks, internal alerts, environment monitoring software, media and vendor notifications.
- Participate in the IT Department change management process by composing and submitting comprehensive change requests for approval.
- Proven track record supporting and managing infrastructures within a highly available environment
- Technical expertise within Microsoft Server related technologies (Windows Server 2012/2016/2019)
- Good experience of Azure DevOps and Azure Infrastructure configuring using Terraform
- Experience managing virtual infrastructures (VMware and vServers)
- Experienced of O365 Administration and Azure Active Directory
- Active Directory including Directory Services, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy
- Good understanding of IT Security concepts
This role will allow flexible working beyond the pandemic but will require them to be close enough to office (Cheshire) so they can be onsite when needed.
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Danielle Keegan, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology and recruitment news, please also follow us at ‘VIQU IT Recruitment’ on LinkedIn, and Twitter: @VIQU_UK
Take a look!
£250 - 350 per day + REMOTE
Systems Manager – Remote – 6 months An experienced Systems Manager / Technical Consultant is sought for a client for an initial 6-month contract focussed on designing and migrating...
£25k - 35k per year
Provisioning Coordinator (Remote) £25,000 - £35,000We’re excited to partner with one of the UK’s leading cloud telephony providers to help them recruit for 3 Provisioning Coordinators to join...
Web Developer (PHP & Shopify Plus)
£40k - 55k per year
Web Developer (PHP & Shopify Plus), remote working - £40K - £55KWe are recruiting for 2 Web Developers to join a leading E-Commerce customer offering fully remote working...
Project Engineer (MSP)
£45k - 50k per year
Project Engineer (MSP) - London / Remote £50,000 We’re recruiting for a talented Project Engineer to join a leading Managed Service Provider based in Central London with the...
Cisco Network Engineer
£300 per day
Cisco Network EngineerThe NHS needs you!Onsite Working, 3 Month Contract£300 a day OUTSIDE IR35A Cisco Network Engineer is required for a Manchester based NHS trust looking for assistance...