Senior Security Analyst
Senior Security Analyst - Remote £50,000 - £55,000
A software and IT Services business are expanding their Information and Security division with an additional Senior Security Analyst due to continued growth. The philosophy of the Security practise is to challenge the status quo, collaborate, standardise and automate in order to build and improve relationships with our current and future clients.
The Senior Security Analyst will join the Security Operations team who are responsible for the delivery of operational security across the business enabling services to our customers.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Provide 24/7 coverage, 365 days a year. This is done through a day shift rotation (7.5hrs) covering core hrs (7am-7pm) on weekdays and a duty on-call shift periodically for out of core hours. Shift allowance included.
- Lead security detection and response activities to multiple customers.
- Triage events and incidents and apply containment and eradication strategies to remediate the risk.
- Analyse multiple security data sources to determine where malicious activities are occurring and respond accordingly.
- Identify missing controls and make adjustments to security tooling to provide compensation of remediation.
Essential Experience for the Senior SOC Analyst:
- Proven track record within a Security / cyber security position
- Strong understanding of Incident Response - able to work through Triage, Analysis, Contain, Eradicate, Recovery
- Experitise with vulnerbaility scanning
- 3+ years commercial experience
- A good all-round knowledge of IT systems, platforms and software development techniques
- Keen analytical mind and approach to problems
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence and mentor colleagues
Whilst this customer has an office based in the Midlands, they are flexible on remote / home working.
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Danielle Keegan, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology and recruitment news, please also follow us at ‘VIQU IT Recruitment’ on LinkedIn, and Twitter: @VIQU_UK
Take a look!
Senior Network Engineer
£50k - 55k per year + on-call
Senior Network Engineer – Milton Keynes £50,000 – £55,000 + on-callWe’re excited to be partnering with a well-known UK Defence company who is looking to hire a Senior...
Senior Test Engineer
£45k - 50k per year
Senior Test Engineer Milton Keynes £45,000 - £50,000 We are hiring for a Senior Test Engineer to join a leading UK Defence business – this can be based...
IT Business Analyst
£50k - 55k per year
IT Business Analyst, Portsmouth / London (remote working) - £55,000IT Business Analyst, Business Analysis, Agile, Software Developer, UX, Web applications, Websites…A technology leader who has secured significant investment...
Senior Linux Engineer
Newcastle upon Tyne
£50k - 55k per year
Senior Linux Engineer (£50,000 - £55,000) Newcastle We’re partnered with a technology business based in Newcastle who are activity growing their Group IT function with a Senior Linux...
Cisco Network Engineer
£250 per day + Remote working
Cisco Network Engineer – 6 Months Contract – Outside IR35An experienced Network Engineer is sought for a 6-month requirement with sector leading customer in the Cardiff area.My client requires an...