2nd Line Engineer – Coleshill (West Midlands) £25,000 - £35,000
We’re partnered with a growing IT Managed Service provider based in Coleshill (West Midlands) that is looking to grow their 2nd line team due to growth and further investment. The successful 2nd line engineer will join a vibrant and talent team of 12 engineers who operate within a collaborate environment.
As the 2nd line support engineer you will be troubleshooting issues with a wide range of customers – this will involve being in the office support remotely and also visiting customer sites (mileage / expenses are paid)
The new hire will need to be confident with a variety of technology including Office 365, Azure, Active Directory, Intune, PBX, Firewalls, routers, switches etc.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Updating the ticketing system, ensuring the call has been logged and all notes, progress and required actions have been input promptly and accurately.
- Responding to Service Desk phone calls/tickets as needed, focusing on 3rd line tickets and activities, and taking on tickets escalated by the 1st/2nd line Infrastructure Technicians.
Experience required for the 2nd Line Engineer:
- Proven experience in a Technical Support Analyst role or similar
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with project work.
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10/11, Windows Server 2012 -2022, Office 365, SCCM (or similar) Active Directory
- Familiar with Virtualisation - VMWare ESXi 7.0 Veeam Backup & Replication / Hyper-
- An ability to explain technical problems in a simple way to end users at all levels within the business.
- Experience with RMM solutions.
- Experience with backup software.
If you have the above technical experience and want to be further challenged and stimulated in a new role this will be a great opportunity for you.
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Tom Wright, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology and recruitment news, please also follow us at ‘VIQU IT Recruitment’ on LinkedIn, and Twitter: @VIQU_UK
Take a look!
Technical Support Engineer
£25k - 30k per year + Commission
Technical Support Engineer – Manchester - £25,000 to £29,000.We have partnered with an organisation based within the educational sector, who specialise in Technology and Telecoms. The company are...
1ST/2ND LINE SUPPORT
£175 - 225 per day
1st/2nd Line Support Engineer - 3 - months - Inside IR35My customer is looking for a dedicated 1st/2nd Line Support Engineer to help with a mix of project...
2nd Line Support Engineer
£25k - 32k per year
2nd Line Support Engineer – Coleshill (West Midlands) £25,000 - £32,000We’re partnered with a growing IT Managed Service provider based in Coleshill (West Midlands) that is looking to grow...
IT Systems Analyst
£35k - 43k per year + Excellent benefits
IT Manager/ERP System Support – Chester - £35,000 to £43,000VIQU has recently partnered with one of the global leader in the unique world of Home Brewing. This company...
Application Support Engineer
£250 - 350 per day
Application Support Engineer – Outside IR35 – 9-month contractThe role will require the Application Support Engineer to monitor JIRA ticketing system and predominantly support the customers Financial Applications.The...