Senior SOC Analyst
Senior SOC Analyst, Birmingham £50,000
A software and IT Services business are expanding their Information and Security division with an additional Senior SOC Analyst due to continued growth. The philosophy of the Security practise is to challenge the status quo, collaborate, standardise and automate in order to build and improve relationships with our current and future clients.
The Senior SOC Analyst will join the Security Operations team who are responsible for the delivery of operational security across the business enabling services to our customers.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Provide 24/7 coverage, 365 days a year. This is done through a day shift rotation (7.5hrs) covering core hrs (7am-7pm) on weekdays and a duty on-call shift periodically for out of core hours. Shift allowance included.
- Lead security detection and response activities to multiple customers.
- Triage events and incidents and apply containment and eradication strategies to remediate the risk.
- Analyse multiple security data sources to determine where malicious activities are occurring and respond accordingly.
- Identify missing controls and make adjustments to security tooling to provide compensation of remediation.
Essential Experience for the Senior SOC Analyst:
- Proven track record within a Security / cyber security position
- 3+ years commercial experience
- A good all-round knowledge of IT systems, platforms and software development techniques
- Keen analytical mind and approach to problems
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence and mentor colleagues
Whilst this customer has an office based in the Midlands, they are flexible on remote / home working.
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Danielle Keegan, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology and recruitment news, please also follow us at ‘VIQU IT Recruitment’ on LinkedIn, and Twitter: @VIQU_UK
Take a look!
E-Commerce Business Analyst
£400 - 450 per day
E-Commerce Business Analyst - London - Up to £450 per day (Inside IR35)I am urgently looking to recruit an E-commerce Business Analyst to join a very business team...
£300 - 350 per day + Remote Working
Business Analyst (Agile / GDS) – 3-month Contract – Remote Working – Outside IR35A senior Business Analyst is required to work for a leading NHS Trust on a...
Business Process Analyst
£30k - 35k per year
Business Process Analyst, Chester, £35,000We are working with one of the UKs leading distributors to grow their technical division with an additional Business Process Analyst. The business has...
IT Business Analyst
£50k - 55k per year
IT Business Analyst, Portsmouth / London (remote working) - £55,000IT Business Analyst, Business Analysis, Agile, Software Developer, UX, Web applications, Websites…A technology leader who has secured significant investment...
Cisco Network Engineer
£225 - 250 per day + Outside IR35 / Remote
Network Engineer – 6 Months Contract – SC Cleared An experienced SC Cleared Network Engineer is sought for a 6-month requirement with sector leading customer in the Cardiff area.My client requires...