Linux System Administrator
Linux System Administrator (RHEL / Redhat / RHCE) – 3-month Contract – Outside IR35 – SC Clearance Required
An experienced Linux System Administrator is required to work on a contract basis to assist a specialist consultancy as they implement and test their real time development platform to allow the sharing of data in a real time environment with the Client.
The solution involves a Secure server receiving data from other secure servers and 3rd party data sources, digesting this information and processing it.
The role is remote based but will require the Linux System Administrator to travel to client site in the United States for 3 weeks between October and November. This is an essential criterion for the role.
IMPORTANT - This project is centralised around working with the MOD, as such all candidates should ideally be SC Cleared or higher; but at a minimum must be eligible to receive SC Clearance and NATO Clearance and meet all criteria.
The Linux System Administrator will be expected to:
- Test and troubleshoot connectivity to the Linux Server estate (Redhat / RHEL) in Docker containers which are connecting to the Client servers.
- Diagnose and liaising with 3rd parties to troubleshoot connectivity issues which are encountered which may not be limited to Linux (Redhat / RHEL / RHCSA / RHCE)
Essential skills and experience:
- Extensive experience as an Infrastructure Engineer with a focus towards the Linux Server Estate (RHEL / Redhat)
- Certification in Redhat – RHCSA / RHCE / RHCA
- Experience setting up and debugging layer 3 & 4 (IP & TCP) connections in environments with multiple firewalls
- Familiarity with different types of private IP networks (ie class C, /16, /24 etc)
- Running machines in environments with and without DHCP
- Experience setting up and debugging SSL/TLS encryption
- Experience setting up connections to multiple DNS servers, resolving DNS issues
- PKI experience (root CA and SSL/TLS server certs)
- Experience debugging/troubleshooting in a hardened environment with strict controls
- Role: Linux System Administrator
- Duration: 3 months
- Location: Remote based but will require 3 weeks travel to the Unites States between 3rd – 14th October 2022 and 24th October 2022 - 4th November 2022 during the testing phase.
- Security Clearance: SC Cleared or Higher
- Rate: £500 - £600 per day + travel expenses
- IR35: This role is outside IR35
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Nicholas Hopkins, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology and recruitment news, please also follow us at ‘VIQU IT Recruitment’ on LinkedIn, and Twitter: @VIQU_UK
Take a look!
£50k - 55k per year
Business Analyst – London, £50,000 - £55,000 We’re working with a growing transport business with a footprint in London who is currently hiring for a Business Analyst to...
£500 - 700 per day
Project Manager – London – 12 months contract – Inside IR35 – Security Cleared A leading Financial Services Organisation based in London requires a Security Cleared Project...
Infrastructure Project Manager
£600 - 800 per day + inside IR35
Infrastructure Project Manager – London – 12 months contract – Inside IR35 – Security Cleared A leading Financial Services Organisation based in London requires a Security Cleared...
£50k - 55k per year + Pension Fund, Private Health Insurance, 25 days leave
Infrastructure Engineer: Birmingham/Remote: £ 50,000 excluding benefitsVIQU is proud to be exclusively representing one of the worlds largest security product providers.This company provides services in more than 130...
£45k - 65k per year + + Benefits
Business Analyst – Southampton – £45k – £65K + BenefitsOur client is looking for a seasoned Business Analyst to join their growing team. Are you looking for a...