Linux Engineer £32,000 - £48,000 – Pontefract – Hybrid
We are partnered with a large retail sector business based in Leeds who are actively growing its Group IT function and is seeking multiple Linux Engineer. The Linux Engineer will be responsible for management and configuration across their enterprise Linux environment (Redhat version 7 & version 8).
As the Linux Engineer, you will be working in a team with specialist knowledge of VMware, Storage, and Deployment solutions with a minimum expectation of 2 days on-site a week with the occasionally on-call requirements.
Responsibilities for the Linux Engineer:
- Be an expert for their Linux platform and critical business applications
- Undertake design and engineering of infrastructure and applications
- 3rd Line escalated BAU support for their physical and virtual
- Create and maintain documentation for solutions and services
- Expert knowledge of Linux systems (systems applications, servers, storage, and data backups)
- Expert working knowledge in Oracle Enterprise Linux, Redhat
- Understanding and monitoring systems using Zabbix or similar monitoring tools
- Good understanding of IBM SAN storage
- Strong scripting ability (Ansible Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, or Lua)
- Familiar with Virtual infrastructure (Oracle VM for 86)
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux services (Postfix, Syslog, and CUPS)
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP)
If you have the relevant technical experience and want to manage and support the Linux platforms, then this could be a great next step in your career.
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Amy Phillips, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology, and recruitment news, please also follow us at ‘VIQU IT Recruitment’ on LinkedIn, and Twitter: @VIQU_UK
Take a look!
Senior Network Engineer
£500 - 540 per day
Senior Network Engineer – Biggen Hill – 6 month contract – Inside IR35 - £500 - £540p/dWe’re currently recruiting for a Senior Network Engineer for a well-known establishment...
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
£45k - 60k per year + LE19 4AT
Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Permanent – Hybrid working with 1 day per week onsite - Leicester A Senior Infrastructure Engineer is required to work for a global organisation to...
£380 - 400 per day
Network Engineer – Biggen Hill – 6 month contract – Inside IR35 - £380 - £400p/dWe’re currently recruiting for a Network Engineer for a well-known establishment based in...
2nd Line Support Engineer
£200 - 250 per day
2nd Line Support Engineer – Contract – Immediate Start – 6 months – Inside IR35 –South Croydon / Biggen Hill My customer requires an experienced Deskside Support /...
AWS Cloud Specialist
£55k per year + Excellent Benefits
AWS Cloud Specialist – Coventry / Hybrid £55,000We’re currently recruiting for 2 AWS Cloud Specialist to join a technology giant who is embarking on a cloud transformation programme...