IT Support Team Lead (German Speaker)
IT Support Team Lead – German Speaker – Hybrid – £50,000 to £55,000
VIQU are partnered with a leading independent technology service provider that are currently seeking a German speaking IT Support Team Lead to join and head a core in the UK and Germany.
The successful IT Support Team Lead will be given autonomy to manage their schedule between the UK and Germany as well as providing key support and motivation to their team.
In this role you will work for one of the UK's leading technology and services providers, employing over 4,000 people in the UK alone. Our client is currently listed in FTSE 250 and has over 18,000 employees worldwide.
Within this role you will manage a global support team specifically within workplace technologies. The teams focus will be on building, supporting and deploying workplace devices.
As an IT Support Team Lead you will work maximum of 2 days a week in their state-of-the-art head office based in Hatfield. Managing two 2nd line technical analysts as well as 5 analysts primarily based in Kerpen, Germany, with autonomy to choose when you travel into the office and to Germany.
- Act as a point of escalation for customer and team issues, recognise and implement service improvement initiatives
- Monitor call queues and allocate calls to the team and maintain Service Levels
- Responsible for the monitoring and performance of the team and produce monthly highlight report and KPI´s on the team activities
- Takes ownership of issues, escalating as necessary using the agreed escalation processes while being a point of reference for all technical matters
- Implement and maintain applicable system and process documentation
- Recommend service improvement activities and assist in their deployment as well as the day-to-day delivery of the support function including tool suite.
- Monitor and manage all System/Application support queues ensuring that quality and SLA targets are achieved.
- Deputise for team members and undertake ad hoc projects as agreed with the IS Management team with a knowledge of IS service provision agreements.
The Successful Candidate
- Active Team Leadership and team working skills
- Good communication skills, good interpersonal skills, excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge in the IT industry and best business practices and procedures
- Solid understanding of Risk Analysis, techniques and tools
- Good technical knowledge of the main IT platforms, methods and applications Understanding of Project Management lifecycle
- A high-level understanding of the business areas supported by several different systems e.g., managed services, sap modules etc.
- Fluent English and German language skills are a must
This is a unique opportunity for a German speaking experienced IT Support Team Lead to manage two teams across two countries. You will be given every tool and technology available to lead a team in their continued service improvement and deployment.
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Liam Spencer-Wright, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology and recruitment news, please also follow us at ‘VIQU IT Recruitment’ on LinkedIn, and Twitter: @VIQU_UK
Take a look!
£50k - 55k per year
Business Analyst – London, £50,000 - £55,000 We’re working with a growing transport business with a footprint in London who is currently hiring for a Business Analyst to...
£45k - 52k per year + Bonus and Benefits
Programme Manager – Remote - £45,000 to £52,000We’re partnered with a leading organisation within the public sector space who is going through a technology transformation over the next...
£275 - 325 per day + Inside IR35
Infrastructure Engineer - 12 Months – Inside IR35 – Hybrid Working My client is an International company going through growth due to a large Acquisition. They are looking...
End User Compute Engineer
£350 - 450 per day
End User Compute Engineer – London – 6 Month Contract- Inside IR35My financial sector customer requires an experienced End User Compute Engineer to join an existing team for...
£50k - 55k per year + Pension Fund, Private Health Insurance, 25 days leave
Infrastructure Engineer: Birmingham/Remote: £ 50,000 excluding benefitsVIQU is proud to be exclusively representing one of the worlds largest security product providers.This company provides services in more than 130...