Cyber Security Consultant
Cyber Security Consultant: London (Remote): £ 85,000-£90,000
Our client is one of the world's leading insurance services providers. With a global footprint spanning across three continents, they provide services ranging from personal insurance to speciality cover.
They have been consistently growing for over 30 years and they are well on track to be the UK's largest insurance provider.
This company is in the process of rolling out a £50 million, 3-year software programme across the business and they are looking for a Cyber Security Consultant to join the business and provide guidance as well as ensure that the business unit remains compliant to the regulations and standards.
You will be responsible for the technical security elements of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and will work with the Delivery and Change communities to ensure security requirements are adequately built into new systems and solutions. You'll also be responsible for due diligence of 3rd party vendors as well as engaging with Infrastructure Architects and other stakeholders within the business.
The Cyber Security Consultant's responsibilities will include but aren’t limited to:
- Providing guidance to project teams on security standards and best practice to help them deliver outcomes that are secure by design and within security risk appetite
- Reviewing the technical security aspects of solution designs (including data flows and customer journeys)
- Identifying non-compliance within the organization and developing recommendations to mitigate risks
- Due diligence of 3rd party vendor & other stakeholders
- Having an end-to-end view of the security of all data and data flows including data migration and the use of data within test environments
- Maintaining and championing the security elements of the SDLC
- Identifying, assessing, and documenting security risks, ensuring they are communicated to, understood by, and signed-off by the business owner of the risk
- Conducting assessments of third parties’ information security
- Supporting control validations or audits conducted by 2nd and 3rd lines of defence
- Producing security reports and MI Size and Scope
Ideally you will have experience in the following:
- A strong track record of developing technical security designs and solutions
- Good understanding of SDLC, including Agile methodologies
- Experience with a broad spectrum of technologies (including cloud variants and integrations)
- Ability to communicate technical requirements in solutions in business terms and contexts
- Relevant security qualification (such as CISSP, a security MSc, etc.), or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of security frameworks such as NIST, ISF, SABSA, OWASP etc.
- 3rd Party Vendor, and other stakeholder management experience essential
- Support multiple projects simultaneously within a major programme
- Maintain programme wide view of cyber security controls
- Interface with and influence programme and business personnel
- Insurance or Financial Services experience
- End-to-end security from customer to supply chain
- Lead small working groups, both internal and third party, if required
Good working knowledge of current technologies in some of the following areas:
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing non-negotiable
- Cloud technologies (e.g. SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, etc.)
- Vulnerability assessment technologies
- SIEM and threat intelligence technologies
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Keziah Williams, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology and recruitment news, please also follow us at ‘VIQU IT Recruitment’ on LinkedIn, and Twitter: @VIQU_UK
Take a look!
Support Analyst Central London £32k - £37k
£32k - 37k per year
Support Analyst Central London £32k - £37kThe purpose of the Support Analyst is to take ownership of support tickets picked up or assigned through the service desk system...
Senior Full stack .Net Developer
£40k - 60k per year + plus benefits
Senior Full stack .Net DeveloperHybrid remote in country **VISA Sponsorship possible for the right individual**Multibillion pound organisation is seeking a Senior Full stack .Net Developer to join their...
Network & Security Engineer
£450 - 600 per day
Network & Security Engineer – 6 months contract – Inside IR35Network & Security Engineer required to work for a market leading Financial Services organisation based in London.This Network and...
£40k - 45k per year + fully remote
Visualfiles Developer *Fully remote in the UK / £40 – 45k paMy client is an established Legal entity in the UK and is seeking an experienced Visualfiles Developer...
Security Cleared SQL DBA
£575 per day + Inside IR35 + Part Remote
Security Cleared SQL DBA - Inside IR35 - Part RemoteI am urgently looking to recruit a Security Cleared (SC) SQL DBA to come and work for a world...